Wednesday 4 December 2013

Nike Advertisement



 Nike, inc. is an American multinational corporation. Nike promotes the idea that if you are determined to succeed you will excel and therefore you should 'Just do it'. I chose this commercial advertising their 'Become Legendary' product line.  This advert features Michael Jordan, who is considered to be the greatest basketball player of all time as well as perfect icon of media culture, therefore being such an influential figure to young aspiring athletes, it is likely that the message being portrayed will inspire young people to work hard and become successful. He is also considered to be a promoter of racial equality, used to illustrate that the 'American dream' can be obtained by anyone in America, regardless of your race. The video represents the notion of the 'American dream' as throughout the advert he states that he had to work extremely hard to get to where he is today. He says 'Maybe I led you to believe that basketball was a God given gift, and not something I work for every single day of my life.' This ad inspires people to not give up on their dreams as Jordan states himself 'Maybe I made you think that every shot I took was a game winner, that my game was built on flash and not fire.' Overall, I think the advert illustrates that it is not the shoes, it's what you do in them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment